If you are feeling overwhelmed and experiencing difficulties and distress in your life, counselling can help you gain insight and understanding and find ways to cope more effectively.
A Family Relationships in Transition counsellor can help individuals deal with many different issues. Here are some examples.
General Counselling for Individuals
- Understanding and managing emotional difficulties, such as stress, anxiety and depression.
- Improving communication with a partner/ex-partner, children, parents/parents-in-law and others.
- Dealing effectively with relationship conflicts in personal or work situations.
- Developing constructive approaches to life challenges.
- Understanding and coping with grief and loss.
- Overcoming the effects of violence and trauma.
Specialized Counselling Related to Family Breakdown
We also offer counselling services specific to family breakdown, helping individuals and the family in different ways including:
- Coping with a conflictual breakup and the ongoing stress of court and communication
- Handling the anxiety of having limited contact with a child or children
- Coping with grief and loss related to family breakdown
- Learning how to co-parent
- Working toward a positive outcome in situations where a child (or children) resist contact with one of their parents.
Counselling Options at Family Relationships in Transition
- One-time only sessions of one to two hours, or single sessions on an as requested or required basis
- Brief counselling, which is six to twelve sessions over four to twelve weeks
- On-going counselling on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly basis.
You Can Work With Us...
- In person in our Scarborough or downtown Toronto office
- By telephone or by Skype.